7 Top Reasons You Should Be Selling on Amazon FBA
As a buyer on Amazon, I am sure you would have often noticed many products touting the â€œFulfilled By Amazonâ€ tag and many times that has formed a basis of why you chose a specific product over another. But why exactly do seller choose to take this paid service and how can this help them increase the total number of buyers and expand the market reach for them?
Well as the Amazon tagline for FBA says, â€œyou sell it we ship itâ€. This â€˜Fulfilled By Amazonâ€™ feature is one of the best and most advanced forms of fulfillment benefit program created by one of the worldâ€™s biggest and best online retailers. Sellers are increasingly embracing it not just because it ensures all your shipping hassles are taken care of but also the fact that this is one of those benefit programs which result in a direct increase in overall sales coupled with creating a better stamp of credibility and good will for your product.
So when you choose to sell your product on Amazon one simple way to boost the overall numbers or units of products you sell along with getting the best mileage and exposure for your brand is by using FBA.
Here is a quick lowdown on some of the most pronounced benefits of the FBA service offered by Amazon for an average seller keen to reach a vibrant marketplace.
- Mark Of Trust: This is particularly important for you if you are a relatively new name in the marketplace you are targeting. The FBA tag instantly creates a brand of credibility and trust for your product and convinces buyers about the overall product quality and brand name. Even if the buyers are not particularly aware of the sellerâ€™s credential, the fact that it is covered by FBA or Fulfilled By Amazon means that buyers can depend on the reliability and overall quality of the name they are about to put their money in.
- Shipping Cared For: This is perhaps one of the greatest advantages of the FBA benefits. For the little membership fee every month, all the sellerâ€™s shipping and handling worries are taken care of. As a seller, you do not have to deal with the problems and troubles of the several custom regulation and shipping protocol and your responsibility pretty much ends with taking the product to the Amazon warehouse.
- No Warehouse Requirements: This is another big advantage particularly useful if you are a new brand and do not have a huge resource base to fall back on. Handling the warehouse and maintaining it are both time consuming and expensive. For many new players in the market, this often becomes a major challenge and a key expense that they have to account for. By registering for FBA not only do they bid adieu to their shipping problems but also create a permanent solution to handle their storage issues. With the FBA backing, they can pretty much handle business with no warehouse expense whatsoever. Sellers with the FBA tag can just go and drop their products at the Amazon warehouse.
- Special Feature Listing: Moreover once the handling, storage, and transport are handled by Amazon, it gives your product a prime listing as well as makes it eligible for free 2-day delivery or even 1-day delivery. It is needless to mention that this is yet another primary advantage that can catapult sales. On Amazon especially you have a long line of last minute buyers trying to get the best and most last minute and once your product gets eligible for this feature it can only mean a relatively higher number of product sale with bigger returns and profit margins.
Plus this feature ensures free listing on other relevant marketplaces as per the type of product you sell. This means that with one simple listing you are able to reach out a relatively larger number of buyers not just in your home marketplace but also many foreign marketplaces where there could be demand for the specific type of goods that you might be peddling in.
- Save Time: The FBA also ensures that as a seller, you save a lot of time and can use your entire resource base towards improving your product quality and creating better value for money deals for the customers. This, in simple terms, means that as a seller, you have a third party taking care of your shipping, storage, and handling responsibilities and work out the regulatory requirements. You save both time and money, and in many ways, this frees up a lot of available time for you as a seller and enables you to devise ways that can help scale up the business for you and in many cases even expand the product range.
- Streamlining Operations: Another key advantage of using this service is FBA ensures a single source for your inventory and help streamline the operation channel for you. In other ways, it easily simplifies the business module and operational complicated for the sellers and opens up fresh avenues for larger and better business prospects. Streamlining operations also minimizes wastage, and this ensures further profit and better return margins. The lower input cost also means that you are able to sell your product at a relatively better-discounted rate as compared to peers and thereby gaining more traction in terms of sales.
In a nutshell, therefore, the Amazon FBA benefits sellers in a multi-pronged manner by not just ensuring a larger clientele but also helping them create a better and lasting reputation for their products. In exchange of a nominal fee, sellers get to use specialized features like
- Better sales
- Higher margins
- More competitive pricing
- Wider clientele
- Minimum expense in terms of warehouse
- Zero storage worries
Therefore, the FBA is an easy way to boost the quantity and quality of returns and sales margin that you can target achieving on the e-commerce platform. So now you can sell without a worry and 100% reliability.