As many of you know I have moved to Chiang Mai Thailand to work on my businesses full time. Â These include 1 Dropshipping Store, 2 Private Label eCommerce Stores, my blog which hopefully your reading and enjoying Â 🙂 and a Software company. Â For those of you, that are just getting started on their first business venture in the online space I would Highly recommend getting into Dropshipping. Â It is a business that does not require much capital upfront and you can learn all the skills that you need to jump into other businesses later. Â It will teach you how to source product, Market, buy digital advertisements on platforms like Facebook, Google and Pinterest. Â Overall it’s a great way to get started in the online business world!
Dropshipping as a trend is fast catching up in the world of e-commerce. Currently, almost 30% of the e-commerce globally is conducted using Dropshipping. It gives you the opportunity to start your online business with little or practically no capital investment and very little effort involved. All you need to do is list your product, send an email to the supplier to ship on your behalf once you get an order. While setting up can be simple but getting in touch with a reliable supplier can be a tough task. This is where AliExpress comes to play. It is an extremely convenient and simple to use marketplace that you can use to further your ecommerce business. Remember the edge that you have with AliExpress is not cheaper priced products, but the ability to reach customers before your competitors manage to.
- Select The Product You Want To Sell: While setting up a store and even organizing inventory might be simple, the key is to zero in on the right type of product to sell. In case you are unable to decide right away, one simple way would be to browse through the wide range of product categories on AliExpress and decide on something that interests you most or which you would be most comfortable in selling. Once you decide on the product category, it is now important to choose the exact product that you would want to sell. But you will soon realize that even for that one product there is a plethora of suppliers, and if you donâ€™t make a choice, the consequences can be quite overwhelming. The next few steps will help you overcome that hurdle.
- Avoid Brands As Well As Fakes: One way to avoid getting duped and reselling fakes is to completely avoid brands. Even in the unbranded category, there are many products which might be of a great quality and without a huge premium cost. Not knowing the legitimacy of the brand might sometimes really limit your choices and even force you to decide on a seller who might not appear very reliable. Choosing an unbranded product could often help you resell quality stuff at a significantly discounted rate and a smooth supply chain.
- Go For High Margin, Low Priced Goods: The choice of product is also dependent on the price tag that it has. Most times it is a good idea to go for goods which are relatively cheaper but have a high return potential or a strong margin outlook. For example, you can buy a product on AiExpress for say $20 and easily sell for $40 translating into a cool 50% profit margin for you.
- Go For Suppliers With 300+ Orders: One question that might still not get addressed is how to minimize the risk of getting duped by an unreliable supplier. It is always a good idea to choose a supplier with lots of orders, at least or more than 300. This serves a dual purpose. On the one hand, it ensures that you are dealing with a supplier with a relative higher degree of reliability as well as the fact the suppliersâ€™ order records can help you decide on the potential success of the products that you decide on reselling. If there are more than 10 or 50 buyers getting the same product delivered by the same supplier it means that the relative demand for the product is relatively higher.
- Choosing Free Shipping With ePacket: Most times dropshipping is associated with Chinese products. This is because the majority of products that are dropshipped on AliExpress are from China and HongKong. This is why the ePacket delivery is the most economical and easy to conduct forms of delivery, especially if your target market is in the US or even Europe. Another advantage is that form of shipping is also the quickest to reach the farthest of markets.
- Product Rating: This is another big signal on the quality of the product you are targeting to resell. The product with a high rating means that even if there is no brand to talk home about, the product quality is undeniably good. Additionally, the product must also be a popular one given the fact so many people actually chose to put in their positive feedback. Additionally, this also means that the supplier is reliable and apart from you, there are many other who might be depending on that person and have experienced success.
- Communicative Seller: If you are dealing with a seller, it is important to ask him questions about the product as well as the shipping outlook. A seller who is prompt in communication and instantly responds to your query surely must get a big thumbs up for you. It also enables you to know every detail of the entire product that you are getting delivered or dropshipped from them.
- Keep A Detailed Metadata: The meta description that you add to your product listing is crucial and needs to be aligned to the Shopify SEO details. Ensure that you must keep it short, succinct and includes your store name. The keywords that you put in will go a long way in bringing in the right traffic for the product and generating more views. The meta description gives your potential customers the vivid product description, and this could often be the deciding factor why they click on your product as against another.
Therefore it can be easily concluded that setting up an AliExpress Dropshipping store entails some solid research, quick thinking and strategic brand positioning. This, therefore, would mean that the not only gets the right kind of exposure to potential customers but also gives you the competitive edge in terms of product selection, pricing and most important delivery speed and precision. In the dynamic and ever-changing world of ecommerce dropshipping will often be the deciding factor that helps you deliver your products more efficiently to your customers.
If you head over to my courses section of the site you can find a few of my dropshipping courses that I over. Â Hopefully, these will give you the insight you need to start your first ecommerce business. Also if you go to my resources section of the website you will find some of my favorite applications and discounts for you to use. Â (Disclaimer: I get a small commission for helping you find these applications but everything i recommend i have used and love!)
My Favorite Applications for Dropshipping: